Saturday, December 18, 2010

Post Number One.

I should have done this a long time ago, but it wasn't until recently that Facebook photos weren't enough to describe everything I've seen and found to fill this house.


We bought this gorgeous new house in the Renwick neighborhood of Bloomington, IN in August. Since then we've been extremely busy with multiple other projects, but it's slowly getting put together. I'm excited to actually document the progress online, and hopefully I can share some of the interesting/cool stuff I find along the way.


Disclaimer: I'm clearly not an expert... or even "skilled" at this. As an engineer, these projects should be easy, right? Except there are no single right answers or formulas or (sometimes) logic behind what goes into home design. [I regularly have trouble matching my clothes on a daily basis, let alone making more permanent and expensive decisions for a house!] Our style is simple, clean, and most importantly - functional, and I'm trying hard to work that into everything we bring in here. So, this is where you'll get to see all of the good, bad, and the ugly that goes into finishing the house. 


The house was a model home in 2007, and then converted in the builder's office. We were fortunate enough not to have to paint any of this place. You'll see bits and pieces of the house as we go, since the main floor is going to be the biggest priority, followed by the bedroom(s), and finally the unfinished basement. 


Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...