Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Curtains

Wow -- who knew?  Putting up curtains in our bedroom helps me get MUCH better sleep. I feel so much more refreshed in the morning.  Try it!  Before, we had wood blinds that would block some, but not all, light that came in through the windows from the moonlight and from other houses. With darker curtains, it's almost a pitch black room. I wake up in the morning now feeling like I got an extra 1-2 hours of sleep more than before.

Anyway, if you're curious, there are lots more tips from WebMD, here,  about simple little things you can do to get better sleep.

So back to the curtain topic, I just bought these curtain panels from West Elm:
Detailed View

Bonus: They're on sale. They're not as sheer as they look in the picture - it's more of a heavier canvas material. They were purchased originally for the living room (where they're hanging now), but I'm considering moving them upstairs to the bedroom -- they're a brown-grey and the leaf design is actually a very very light blue. They look awesome in the living room but not sure if it would fit in with the rest of the room. I'll post a photo soon, so I can get some advice. :)  This is another one of those instances where I don't know if the colors match-slash-complement... help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...