Sunday, January 9, 2011

Inspiration Alert!

I am all about sharing the websites and sources where I find some good solid ideas.

Have you seen HGTV's Rate My Space
You can go to this site and upload photos of rooms in your house, then other registered users look at your pictures to offer their comments and suggestions... or pats on the back for a design job well-done. It's awesome for someone who's just starting, and a great place for some inspiration.  Today, I used it for inspiration.
A few very well-done living rooms:




I also stumbled across this West Elm staged room (from the store catalog) after googling "upholstered ottoman":


WHY is this exciting?
Because a) I'm already sick of the ottoman fabric print in our living room; b) I could not find any good examples of cream-colored rugs + brown sofa; and c) I have a furry pillow like that!

This room is super fun, but I don't think painting our back wall dark blue is necessarily a good idea. You can buy the grey and white ikat print fabric, though. I'm seriously considering getting it and re-upholstering my current DIY ottoman in all of its neutral-y goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...