Thursday, December 29, 2011

Plate Walls

Loving... plate walls. This wall in what we call the Fireplace Room is looking pretty darn lonely, and while I'd love to put some great art on it, that wall can't compete too heavily with the fireplace and mantle. Could the plate wall idea actually work?

Below, I've posted a couple of inspiration photos which I've pinned here.

My #1 all-time fave? I'm drooling over nearly everything in Joi's house. At first, it was their cane chairs, and now it's this fun and colorful plate wall. And look at those grey walls! The grey makes the yellow, turquoise, blue, and pink just pop.

Source - Nuestra Vida Dulce

Some of the other finalists.....

Source - Angela Hardison

Source - View Along the Way

Source - Flickr

Source - Sunset

Source - Design Sponge


You know, this wall (below) might just be cool after all.
That canvas art has since been sold off, leaving a different kind of empty "canvas" waiting to be filled!



Meanwhile, I'm on the search for plates from thrift stores and local shops like Relish and Elements in Bloomington. Check out what I've found so far - total camera phone picture.



How about you? Have you found any sources for good and fun plates? Do you have or want to have a plate wall?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...