Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Experiment

It is done!

This pillow was an experiment in preparation for finishing my cane chairs... Design*Sponge has a GREAT tutorial and photos on how to make a pillow with piping. [Read: anybody can do it, including me!!] All you need is fabric you loooove, sewing machine, and the ability to measure fabric.

This fabric stops me in my tracks every time I walk by! I knew if I could get this experimental pillow done, there is a chance I can make the square chair cushions on my own, which are more like sofa cushions.




This pillow is a simple version of the cushions I'm about to make for the chairs with piping. The zipper I bought was a little too small, so I had to improvise and turn it into an envelope pillow. Don't underestimate measuring! I say this only from experience... I never listened when they said "measure twice, cut once" (or, "read the directions"). Anyway, I had to cut not twice, but four times.  Look closely above the envelope and at the bottom of the pillow and you'll see that I had to sew a few pieces of fabric together to make the back. Oops.


Close-up of the piping, which I'm extremely proud of:

 Mission accomplished! On to cushions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...