Monday, May 16, 2011

Mirror Fetish

Hello, my name is Steph and I have a mirror fixation. Some people love shoes, and others choose food. I love mirrors.

I almost did a happy dance in the aisle when I spotted this mirror at HomeGoods the other day:
(Sorry, it's still wrapped up - read on to find out why.)
For $99!!!! If you look closely you can see that it has beveled edges on each of the "rays" that stick out.

Maybe $99 seems like a lot for a mirror, but compare it to this nearly identical one that I've been lusting for from ZGallerie:

And by the way, the ZGallerie Devon mirror is $199 + $25 handling fee + shipping costs. You won't get that thing for less than $250.

But I can't keep it. You know how everything looks smaller in the store? At 35 inches across, it's just a little too big for any of our spaces, and boy did I try... So amazing, but so disappointing.

Here's the other mirror I found that I looooove. It felt so wrong paying only 40 bucks for it - but I'm not complaining!

Strangely, it's meant to hang portait-style, and there are no hooks to hang it landscape like I photographed it. That can be easily changed, and I'm thinking this guy's going over our bed!

What's your fixation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...