Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One Masterpiece A Day: Day 5


Hey all, hope you had a great Fourth of July weekend! It seems like it's back to the grind (I say this as I'm running out the door myself). 

If you've missed my previous posts, I am creating one masterpiece (a term I like to use loosely with my artwork) every day, for a week. Why is this amazing? Because you get to have that very same wall art! Yep: free printables. Check out the rest of the week right over here!

Welcome to Day 5!
Waiting for some July 4th fireworks

As you might know, Ben and I are really into running. Lately we've been riding our bikes around town, and we even outfitted our bikes with nearly-blinding halogen headlamps for those rare night rides (sorry cars, but I prefer to be visible!). We had some pretty nasty storms come through Indiana on the July 3rd, so last night was the rain date for the city's and several neighborhoods' fireworks displays. At the last minute, we decided to pack a little bag, ride our bikes out to a nearby neighborhood, and lay out a blanket to watch the fireworks from Sherwood Oaks Church. We were so close we could smell the sulfur and see them shooting off from the ground! Even better, since we were on bikes, we didn't have to wait an hour to get out of the parking lot to go home. Riding our bikes around town has been so much more fun than I thought it'd be -- it reminds me of being a kid and feeling so free to go wherever I wanted! Today's art reflects that, and you don't have to be a kid to enjoy a good bike ride.

Masterpiece #4: Bike Tetris
Sized 15" x 15"



If you're curious, I made this print by using our own bikes as guides. I started by taking a picture of each of our bikes, then placing the image in Photoshop. From there, I just drew lines over the bikes, deleted the original image, did the copy-paste dance, and poof - instant bike art. Our bikes!

Making our bikes into a print
While I was messing around with the bike images, I created a "happy mistake" print, which I'm throwing in as a bonus download (at the bottom). Happy riding!

To get the file and print yourself,
1) Click here to Follow This Blog!
2) Download the file by clicking the color you like, below.
3) 
What do you guys think so far? What would you like to see? Colors, themes, likes, dislikes - I'd love to hear your ideas, so leave a comment!







Bonus:


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...