Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY ~ Natural Fall Wreath

I am about to show you the easiest DIY project ever. You ready for this?



I was going to for a classy-colorful-natural vibe for the front door and porch this year.

Here's what you'll need for this Fall monogram wreath:

  • Grapevine wreath (Michaels)
  • Floral "picks" (Michaels - on clearance, hooray!)
  • Garland (Michaels - on clearance)
  • Tall wood letter (mine's from Hobby Lobby, about 10" high)
  • Jute twine (from the hardware store)
  • Hot glue (if you're a dirty cheater like me)
I whipped through this project so quickly, I didn't actually take any photos!

First, cut the garland to desired size and wrap it into the grapevine wreath. My garland had some floral wire on it so I used the wire to attach it more securely to the wreath. The floral pick had a little fake pumpkin and leaves on it, along with some light-colored berries. I cut them off of the pick and worked them into the wreath also.

Last but not least - and my absolute favorite part - I took the twine and wrapped it around the letter. It's times like this that I wish my last name started with an "I," or a "C," or some other easy-to-wrap letter! (I had a flashback to a similar never-ending yarn wreath-wrapping episode last Fall) Since I was doing this while watching tv, I spent most of the commercial time giving Ben dirty looks because his last name, the one that starts with the letter "B," is so flippin' difficult to wrap! (Love you, babe!) I cheated and ended up using my hot glue gun to get some of it to stay. Shhh!

I used the twine to secure the letter to the wreath itself, and then guess what? DONE. Minus the letter-wrapping, this was at most a 10-minute project. And a close-up again, just for kicks:


Here's how it looks on the front door. It adds a little bit of subtle brightness and texture to the red house-black door combo. You'll get to see a zoomed-out photo of the entire porch in a bit!


I love this wreath! With some pretty blooming mums in pots and pails on the front porch, it truly means that Fall is here. Not going to lie, sometimes I open the front door so I can look at it and it makes me smile. :)



post signature

Ps:
If you're strapped but want your own fall berry wreath, I'm moving - so I'm selling my wreath to make room for more awesome things to come.
Hope it can go to a good home!



Linked up at:
TDC Before and After HouseofHepworths   Liz Marie Blog

3 comments:

  1. great and quick DIY! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I subscribe to your blog through email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather! Good call -- I just added a "Follow by Email" function on the right sidebar of my blog. Great suggestion! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...